Welcome to Cyclones, a club located in the western suburbs of Chicago,providing training in the sport of volleyball.We are dedicated to helping individuals reach their goals, whether it means playing on their high school varsity team, playing collegiate volleyball, learning sand volleyball, or being successful in life.
Our club philosophy is simple: We want, and will train, independent-minded athletes to work within the construct of a team towards achieving whatever goals the collective group and individuals have set forth.
The Cyclones’ staff shares a passion for the sport, and are guided by the following principles.
- Player improvement.
- Long term development taking priority over short-term gains.
- Provide an enviroment that will help players enjoy the game of volleyball.
Practices at Cyclones are based on backward-design, stressing the development of technique through quality repetition. We emphasize reading the game through random training, occassionaly using block-training to reinforce technical devleopment. Furthermore, all teams have two practices per week and an additional position training session.
Lastly, everyone associated with Cyclones understands that volleyball does not come before family, faith, and academics. It sounds simple, but you would be surprised how many players and parents lose sight of the big picture. Staff members are selected based on understanding that code, and it is not something that will be lost in our journey.
CYCLONES VOLLEYBALL CLUB
- Uniform training throughout all practice groups.
- Practices focus on the development and mastery of fundamental technique initially, advancing to usage of technique in game-like scenarios as the season progresses.
- Aggressive tournament exposure- GLPL, Spring Classic, President's Day, etc.
- Coaches are required to take training courses in off-season.
- Cost Competitive- Feel free to compare. Unmatched value to parents and players.
- Family atmosphere.
- Caring and compassionate staff.